CWU AMSA Chapter
The CWU Pre-Med club hosts a chapter of the Pre-American Medical Student Association! This national organization is the same group to which most medical students in the US belong to, which provides groups like us with many great opportunities. Membership in the Pre-Med club requires that you join AMSA or Pre-SOMA, an organization which is similiar, but free and focused on Osteopathic Medicine.
There are many benefits to joining AMSA, such as:
- Access to AMSA-Only club events for due-paying members
- Free Kaplan MCAT flashcard set
- Free Kaplan Biochemistry online course for MCAT content review
- Free subscription to the New Physician magazine
- Opportunity to attend the annual AMSA National Conference
- Access to emails from AMSA announcing pre-med and med school news, tips, e-seminars, and special events
To join AMSA, visit their membership page and follow the "pre-medical" registration track. You will receive your AMSA ID number usually within a few days. This number will also appear at the top of all official AMSA emails. Once you have that number, you need to provide it to our club president (Jeanette Webster) before you can officially be a recognized member of the AMSA chapter.